Restructuring & Insolvency
Our Restructuring & Insolvency practice covers advice to financial and credit institutions in complex matters of debt restructuring and debt recovery from distressed or insolvent debtors, both in typical financing structures as well as in more sophisticated transactions, such as those involving derivatives. This is also doubled by continuous assistance to major corporations with regard to matters of general insolvency.
In addition, our lawyers have multiple legal backgrounds, with substantial expertise in fields such as banking, finance and litigation. Moreover, our team has an excellent set of skills to address restructuring and insolvency matters, both standard or with a highly specialised financial element.
- Advising a major Romanian leasing company on the managing of the debt recovery procedure in relation to a large portfolio of debtors as part of its insolvency procedure;
- Advising a well-known Romanian pharmaceutical company on the debt recovery process in relation to a large portfolio of debtors;
- Advising a leading real estate investment company on the largest real estate insolvency case in Romania to date;
- Advising a Chinese multinational computer technology company on one of the most important insolvency cases in the IT sector regarding two of its most well-known distributors;
- Advising a leader in trading, metals and minerals, petroleum products, bulk and freight company in Switzerland on the collection of receivables from an insolvent Romanian counterpart.