Energy and Natural Resources
Our Energy and Natural Resources practice has extensive experience in acting for both international investors and local developers, as well as for financial institutions, in various types of projects (M&A, project financing, EPC contracts and projects, PPP, arbitration, regulatory).
With a team involved in some of the most complex transactions on the Romanian energy and natural resources market, our firm's energy practice covers both conventional energy projects and clients (oil companies, electricity suppliers) and renewable energy projects (wind, solar hydro, biomass and co-generation etc.)
- Advising a group of investors - one of them being the largest Austrian power company – on a joint-venture agreement for building and operating a 750 MVA transformer station for the joint connection of several individual wind parks with an aggregated capacity of 600 MW;
- Advising a global energy player, an expert operator on the electricity, natural gas and energy services market and a world leader in energy and environment on the proposed acquisition of the largest land-based wind farm in Europe (Fântânele project) from Continental Wind Partners (EUR 300 million);
- Advising in relation to the first major project finance based transaction in the renewable energy sector completed in Romania, including financing of a 42 MW wind project by a leading CEE bank and the sale of emission certificates under the Kyoto Protocol;
- Advising a well-known Austrian wind, water and photovoltaic company on the acquisition of a micro-hydropower plant portfolio and a proposed joint-venture for the development of up to 100 MW wind projects in the Dobrogea area with a well-established Romanian wind farm developer;
- Advising a global player in the PV sector on the negotiation of an EPC contract for the construction of a 1.5 MW solar park for Eurowind Energy, the first sizeable PV project commissioned in Romania;
- Advising a leading Romanian energy supplier on the conclusion of PPAs in the light of a new legal framework applicable to the sale of electricity;
- Advising an international energy corporation in the development of a 8 MW PV park in Romania, including negotiation of a long term PPA and green certificates agreement and concession agreement with a local county.